Essential Oils vs Fragrance Oils
1) WHAT ARE ESSENTIAL OILS?
Essential oils are concentrated oils extracted from different kinds of plants. The “essence ” of the plants fragrance. Essential oils have been used throughout history for medicinal purposes. Some common essential oils used for aromatherapy in candles are:
- Lavender - Calming
- Lemongrass - Refreshing, rejuvenating and balancing
- Eucalyptus - Helps with colds, soothes nasal passages
- Citrus - Energizing and uplifting
- Patchouli Oil - Tranquility, and helps promote clear breathing
- Rosemary Oil - Calms apprehension
- Ylang Ylang - Relaxes the mind and seduces the senses
- Bergamot Oil - Energizing oil that balances the mind
These are just a few essential oils for aromatherapy that can be used in candles.
2) WHAT ARE FRAGRANCE OILS?
Fragrance oils are oils that are manufactured and artificially created to mimic natural fragrances. There are countless kinds of fragrance oils to choose from and fragrance oils tend to be much less expensive than many essential oils.
Fragrance oils do not have the aromatherapy benefits of essential oils, so if you are looking for aromatherapy candles, you will want to search for essential oil soy candles.
So that’s the difference between essential oils and fragrance oils. One is all natural, directly from the plant, and the other is artificially manufactured.
If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment or contact us.